HERITAGE WALKS AND TOURS
EXPLORE DELHI FROM MAIDENS HOTEL
Maidens Hotel is the ideal base for Heritage walks of Delhi. The walks are conducted by Ms. Surekha Narain, a die-hard Dilliwalla with a reputation for leading specialized heritage tours that are imaginative and creative.
There are over 30 walk routes to choose from. Ranging from regular walks to some “off-the-beaten-track tours”, the Heritage Walks are a blend of built & natural heritage. Add-ons include music, local cuisines, and movies. The walks come with visual aids - old maps, photos, and there’s a chance to interact with local people. Travel partly by Delhi Metro, partly on foot, and maybe by auto or cycle rickshaw.
Exclusive WALKS around Maidens
After an early breakfast on Wednesday morning, set out for these 2-3 hours group walks to discover the interesting sites around Maidens Hotel. Registrations open a week in advance. Book your tour with the Reception Desk.
- Week 1: Civil Lines for the 1911 temporary British capital: Here we discover sites associated with the making of the British capital in which this Heritage hotel played a significant role. Discover the rich history of this area, north of Maidens Hotel.
- Week 2: Kashmiri Gate: This area, south of Maidens Hotel, has very interesting sites associated with the White Mughals - early days of the British in Delhi. St. James Church and Nicholson’s cemetery are some highlights.
- Week 3: Chandni Chowk: We go further south to discover the fascinating area known as Chandni Chowk, dating from the heydays of the Mughals in Delhi. Discover fascinating old bazaars, mansions, with old and new architecture in the narrow alleys.
- Week 4: Mutiny on the metro: Here we discover sites associated with the 1857 mutiny - all do-able on the metro and in close proximity. We also walk the Northern Ridge to discover a Green Delhi and hidden gems from the Tughlaqs’ time.
HOW TO BOOK
- Popular walk options and British Raj in Delhi tours are offered as private and customized tours to suit individuals. Ms. Narain also offers Group walks on weekends and other weekdays. The current month's week-end walks are available at the Maidens Hotel Reception Desk.
These tours can also be customized as Private Walks for you. The tailor-made, half to full day tours may be booked in advance for any weekday or weekend, subject to our walk expert’s availability. Write to us with your preference of walk routes, date & timings and number of participants and leave the personalized tailoring to our walk expert.
- Exclusive walks around Maidens Hotel is offered on each Wednesday morning. After an early breakfast, set out for these 2-3 hours group walks to discover the interesting sites around Maidens Hotel. Registrations open a week in advance. Book your tour with the Reception Desk.
Write to us at email@example.com to book a walk.